Journey To Heal – Seven Essential Steps Of Recovery For Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse – Book Review
If your life story includes a painful past in which someone violated your trust, robbed you of your childhood innocence, and took you down a path on which you were never meant to travel, I have some good news for you.
Through your incredible resilience, you survived one of the most painful experiences that life has to offer. You are not alone. Healing is possible.
In Journey To Heal – Seven Essential Steps Of Recovery For Survivors Of Childhood Sexual Abuse, Crystal M. Sutherland – a mentor for survivors of sexual abuse – shares the story of how she healed from her past and offers biblically-based guidance for those trying to recover from the life-altering effects of their experiences.
Journey To Heal provides a 7-step framework to lead you on your journey of healing:
- Commit To The Journey
- Face The Truth
- Share Your Story
- Settle The Unsettled
- Forgive And Let It Go
- Discover Your True Identity
- Establish Your New Life In Christ
There are several things that I like about this book:
- First, Crystal emphasizes God’s love for us throughout, and bases our healing on God’s Word. The secular world can teach us how to cope with the effects of abuse, but only God can truly heal us and transform our lives.
- Second, survivors often get overwhelmed during their healing process, particularly during the early stages. Journey To Heal is a gently written book that provides survivors with a safe, non-threatening, healthy place to heal.
- Third, Crystal provides a number of helpful activities throughout the book that will help you on your journey. You’ll find it helpful to have a journal on hand to record Scriptures and journaling responses and track your progress through the book.
If you are looking for a loving, scripturally sound book to accompany you on your healing journey – one that will guide you without overwhelming you during your healing process – than Journey To Heal is the perfect book for you!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Journey To Heal – Online Study
Is childhood sexual abuse or assault is a part of your story? Are you in a place in your life where you are ready to take intentional steps towards your healing?
If so, I encourage you to join Crystal M. Sutherland – the author of Journey To Heal – in the free, video-based, 7-week #JourneyToHealBook Group Study she is offering, beginning June 1, 2016!
Crystal’s book, Journey To Heal, and her online study, are designed to help you:
- Process your story of abuse and identify the effects it has had on your life
- Work through feelings of shame and worthlessness
- Settle unresolved feelings of anger and resentment
- Identify those you need to forgive and begin your journey towards wholeness
- Discover your true identity in Christ
- Embrace the extraordinary life God has for you today
To sign up, click on the graphic above (you’ll be directed to Crystal’s website, where the sign-up form is). Be sure to spread the word to others who will benefit from this book and class as well!
About Crystal M. Sutherland
Crystal M. Sutherland is a writer, speaker, ministry leader, and mentor for survivors of sexual abuse. She has fifteen years of experience in ministry, including women’s ministry, youth ministry, worship, and Bible teaching. She has also written and led a women’s Bible study for female survivors of sexual abuse. Her work can also be seen on her active blog.
For More Information
- Visit Crystal’s Website.
- Connect with Crystal on Facebook and Twitter.
- Read an Excerpt and download the Study Guide at Kregel Publications.
- Journey To Heal is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!