The Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer, MD – Book Review
If you are interested in books that explore the relationship between our minds and our bodies and offer the latest scientific research on the subject, then The Mind-Gut Connection – How The Hidden Conversation Within Our Bodies Impacs Our Mood, Our Choices, And Our Overall Health by Emeran Mayer, MD is sure to excite you!
For those of us who use the colloquial term “gut feeling” without ever giving the expression a second thought, Emeran demonstrates that there is actually scientific evidence that establishes the biological link between our minds and our digestive systems. In The Mind-Gut Connection, Emeran shows how the microorganisms that live inside our digestive tracts actually communicate with one another and the implications this has for our overall health.
In The Mind-Gut Connection, you’ll explore a fascinating array of topics that are important to understand if you are trying to optimize your health, including:
- Why consuming a predominantly plant-based diet is key for gut and brain health
- Why our early childhood experiences are so crucial in gut-brain development, and what parents can do to help their children thrive
- What role excessive stress and anxiety plays in GI ailments and cognitive disorders
- How to “listen to your gut” and pay attention to the signals your body is sending you
The Mind-Gut Connection is a well-researched book that is full of scientific detail but written with a lay audience in mind.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
About Emeran Mayer, MD
Emeran A. Mayer, MD, has studied brain-body interactions for the last forty years. He is the executive director of the Oppenheimer Center for Stress and Resilience and the co-director of the Digestive Diseases Research Center at the University of California at Los Angeles. His research has been supported by the National Institutes of Health for the past twenty-five years, and he is considered a pioneer and world leader in the areas of brain-gut microbiome. He lives in Los Angeles.
For More Information
- Visit Emeran’s Website.
- Connect with Emeran on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visit the The Mind-Gut Connection Blog Tour Page.
- The Mind-Gut Connection is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
- Visit Create With Joy – Book Reviews.
- Follow Create With Joy on GoodReads.
- Join us at The Book Nook At Create With Joy – a community for book lovers!
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book through TLC Book Tours for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Copyright © 2016 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!