Slimming Meals That Heal – Book Review
If you are trying to improve your health due to chronic illness, food allergies, or obesity, consider adding Slimming Meals That Heal – Lose Weight Without Dieting, Using Anti-Inflammatory Superfoods by Registered Holistic Nutritionist Julie Daniluk to your health and wellness toolkit.
Slimming Meals That Heal explores the relationship between food allergies, inflammation and weight gain. The book is divided into three parts:
- Part 1 examines the scientific research that demonstrates the connection between obesity, inflammation and overeating. It also shows how removing food allergens can help your body naturally balance your weight.
- Part 2 outlines a five-step slimming plan that leads to effortless weight balance, based on an anti-inflammatory food chart that outlines the importance of avoiding processed meat and refined carbohydrates.
- Part 3 contains a menu plan that features the top slimming superfoods in over 120 healing recipes. You’ll begin by incorporating familiar favorites into your diet and then introduce new foods into your meals.
There are a number of things that I like about this book:
- First, Julie does a very good job of presenting complex information in an understandable way. It’s clear that the author has a good understanding of nutrition as well as the eating challenges that people dealing with health and weight issues face. She presents tangible explanations and solutions you can wrap your head around.
- Second, I found all of the colorful charts and illustrations extremely helpful and practical in putting the program to use. Some of my favorites include the What To Toss and What To Keep Or Buy charts and the Anti-Inflammatory Food Pyramid.
- Finally, I love the photos that accompany many of the recipes. The recipes look fresh, healthy and inviting – I wish all of the recipes had photos!
I think that most people who are trying to improve their health and diet will find something of value in this book.
Regardless of how little or how much of the information you choose to incorporate into your lifestyle, Slimming Meals That Heal is sure to change the way you think about food!
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Slimming Superfoods, Slimming Meals That Heal – Video
About Julie Daniluk
Julie Daniluk, RHN, is a best-selling author who has helped thousands of people enjoy allergy-free foods that taste great and assist the body in the healing process. She is also the co-host of TV’s Healthy Gourmet, a reality cooking show that highlights the ongoing battle between taste and nutrition.
For More Information
- Visit Julie’s Website.
- Connect with Julie on Facebook and Twitter.
- Slimming Meals That Heal is available on Amazon.
For More Great Books
Stay In Touch!
Follow Create With Joy On:
Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Copyright © 2014 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
If you see this content posted elsewhere, please contact the site owner.
Thank you for helping to prevent content theft!