Happy WOYWW to you all! We are just a few weeks away from the great WOYWW ATC Swap of 2012 and I am excited to learn that so many 1st-time ATC makers will be joining this event! To encourage those of you who are still on the fence, here’s a few more ATCs to get your creative juices flowing! Included in this week’s batch are a House-Shaped ATC (#5) and a JAMS ATC (#4). For another variation, click to see my Folded ATC!
The best way to get started is to create lots of card bases in different colors so you’ll have a good supply of cards on hand when inspiration strikes! Gather an assortment of cardstock and your paper trimmer and start cutting! Here are some templates to help you maximixe your cuts:
1) If you are working with 12 x 12 Cardstock, use the fabulous 12 x 12 template provided by Club Scrap Addicts! You will find the complete instructions here to get an amazing 16 cards out of each sheet of paper!
2) If you are working with 8.5 x 11 cardstock, you will want to use the 8.5 x 11 template provided by Mirkwood Designs. You will get 10 cards out of this pattern. Mirkwood Designs has an extensive collection of papercrafting templates, including an Artist Trading Card Envelope template and an extensive gallery of samples!
Once you’ve made your ATC bases, you will want to begin collecting materials to use on your cards. If you begin making ATCs on a regular basis, you will want to keep your eye out for items that specifically work well on with ATCs! Next week, I’ll share some items that I’ve found make particularly nice embellishments for ATCS that you probably have lying around your craft room!
Before you go:
- For your weekly does of Inspiration – visit Inspire Me Monday!
- For your weekly Feline Fix – visit Wordless Wednesday!
- To celebrate Mother’s Day – visit Friendship Friday!
- To see what’s on everyone’s workspace – visit Stamping Ground!
Have a wonderful week, dear friends!