WOYWW 307: What’s On My Work Desk This Week?
Last week, I shared that the Pink Team at Eclectic Ellapu is hosting a month-long Out Of Your Comfort Zone challenge to encourage you to stretch your creative boundaries. I also shared that The Path Of Positivity Challenge Team was hosting a month-long Growth challenge.
Since I had so much fun designing last week’s Be Strong And Believe card with them last week, I thought I’d join them again with a fresh interpretation of their challenge – Faith, Hope & Love – along with a bevy of new design challenges to share!
I decided to “stretch my boundary” by creating a lovely square card since I rarely design cards in this dimension. The reason for this is purely practical: I usually work with pre-cut A5 and A7 card bases and rarely take the time to cut square card bases out of my 12 x 12 cardstock. But, this week, I came across a great deal on square card bases, so I’ve decided to add these to my repertoire!
To begin, I knew I wanted to make as beautiful a card as possible – one that was ultra-feminine, with spring-themed floral elements and a faith-based sentiment as a focal point. I also knew I wanted to incorporate a neutral color palette into this week’s design, to change things up from the bright and pastel colors I’ve been playing with as of late.
I decided that the best way to bring my vision to fruition was to create a multi-layered collage card filled with lots of fabric, texture, distressing, and intricate, shabby/vintage details.
First, I covered the card base with 2 stunning patterned papers – one with spots and dots, the other with gorgeous floral blooms – both from Close To My Heart’s Silhouette collection.
Then, I began layering the card with tags – paper and lace doilies – Nostalgiques lace ribbon – buttons and bling – and a beautiful black fabric flower!
The verse – Faith, Hope, Love – derives from 1 Corinthians 13:13 and from Unity Stamp Company’s amazing All About Hope stamp set. It’s a verse of aspiration and growth that touches upon all aspects of life – emotional, physical and spiritual – as well as our relationship with one another and with God. The passage at large is often quoted in wedding ceremonies and anniversary celebrations.
My mother was a woman of deep faith. I dedicate Faith, Hope & Love to her.
Now it’s your turn to share your creations with us! What have you created or acquired this week? Whether you’re showing off your desk, your latest acquisitions, or your latest creation – be sure to share it with our creative community at one of our weekly parties!
Have an inspiring week and thanks for stopping by!
What are the Crafty Cats Up To This Week?
This week I received a stunning 16 x 24 canvas print of Legend from CanvasPop! If you’d like the opportunity to win photo canvas print of your own or to gift to a friend in the US/Canada, be sure to enter our Giveaway!
Of course, Magellan was on hand when I opened my print, and he did not take kindly to seeing another cat in his home! To see his photo reaction, be sure to visit our Wordless Wednesday Party– and, while you’re there, be sure to share a photo or two of your own!
Creative Art Challenges
Need to jump-start your creativity? Wondering what inspired me this week? Check out this week’s list of Creative Art Challenges! They are organized alphabetically under Theme or Anything Goes!
- A Creative Need April Challenge – Collage
- Addicted To Stamps #102 – Girly But No Pink
- A Gem Of A Challenge #142 – Spring Is In The Air
- Amusing Challenge – Feminine
- Bloggers Challenge – Black & White & A Splash Of Color
- Card & Scrap #95 – Anniversaries (Verse)
- Card Mania Challenges #67 – Flowers
- Catch The Bug – April Bingo Challenge (Scallop/Texture/Bling)
- CCEE1516 Stampers – Inspired By A Book (The Bible)
- Clear It Out – Mothers Day/Flowers
- Come And Get It Challenges – Things That Start With A “B” (Bling, Buttons)
- Crafting By Designs – We Love Mom
- Crafts 4 Eternity #222 – Spring
- Crafts Galore Encore Challenge – Make A Card For April
- Crafty Calendar April Challenge – Add A Sentiment
- Crafty Cardmakers #137 – Dots
- Crafty Catz – It’s A Girl Thing Challenge #275
- Crafty Creations #287 – Seeing Spots
- Crafty Gals #16 – Girls, Girls, Girls
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge – April 2015
- Creative Card Crew #85 – Sentiment
- Digi Choose Day – Spots And Dots
- Digi Sketch Challenge – F Is For Flowers
- Dragon Fly Dreams Challenge #1 – Let’s See Spring
- Eclectic Ellapu – April Showers / Spring (April Purple Team) (Spring)
- Eclectic Ellapu – Out Of Your Comfort Zone (April Pink Team) (Square Card)
- Fab N Funky Challenges #256 – Lace
- Fussy And Fancy #137 – Springtime Flowers
- Going Grey With Scrap Creations Challenge – Spring Flowers
- Just Us Girls Color Week 289 – Brown, White/Beige, Plus One Color (Black)
- Krafty Hands April Challenge – Nature’s Work
- Lil Red Wagon #286 – Seeing Spots
- Little Claire Monthly Challenge 56 – Use Kraft
- Loves Rubber Stamps #148 – Add Flowers
- Melonhead Friends – 2 Or More Designer Papers
- Mod Squad Challenge – Encouragement
- Monday Scripture Challenge – #FHL19 (1 Corinthians 13:13)
- My Sheri Crafts #155 – A Very Girly Card
- One Stitch At A Time #235 – Anything Goes With Daughters / Girls
- Ooh-La-La Creations #178 – Lots Of Layers
- Open Minded Challenge #34 – Recycle Something (Cream Lace Doily from Friend’s Craft Room!)
- Our Creative Corner – Color Your World (Elegant Vintage Neutrals)
- Our Daily Bread ODBDSLC235 Inspiration Challenge
- Paper Creators #37 – Flowers
- Papertake Weekly – Cute As A Button
- Path Of Positivity Challenge #25 – Growth
- Penny’s Challenge #224 – Use Spooled Items (Lace)
- Pile It On #65 – April Showers Bring May Flowers
- Pink Saturday
- QKR Stampede #135 – Spring Flowers
- Red Rubber Inspirationals #216 – Make A Fuss
- The Corrosive Challenge Blog #222 – Floral Fantasy
- The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge #113 – Ribbon Or LACE
- The Crazy Challenge – Springtime
- The Sisterhood Of Crafters – Monochromatic
- The Stamping Boutique – Spring
- Throwback Thursday Challenge TTC008 (Unity Stamp Company – All About Hope – May 2013)
- Timbro Scrap Mania #108 – Favorite Color Combo
- Top Tip Tuesday – Three Of Something (Three Clear Bling)
- Vintage Stamping Challenge #31 – Handmade Flowers
- Wags N Whiskers #152 – Flowers
Be Creative – Anything Goes Challenges
- 613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes Challenge #120 – Optional Twist Diamonds (Clear Bling)
- Art By Mirian Challenge #30 – Anything Goes
- Artistic Inspirations #129 – Anything Goes With A Twist Of SpringFlowers
- Crafting By Designs – April Anything Goes Challenge
- Crafting From The Heart Challenge 56 – Anything Goes
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #258 – Almost Anything Goes
- Creative Every Day – Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers Challenge Blog #76 – Anything Goes
- Creative Moments #66 – Anything Goes / Spring or Easter
- Crop Stop Linky Party 3
- Dazzling Diva Challenge #72 – Anything Goes
- DL Art – April Linky Challenge – Anything Goes
- Inspiration Destination #30 – Anything Goes
- Hiding In My Craft Room #196 – Freestyle
- Little Miss Muppet Challenge #110 –
- Love To Scrap Challenge #52 – Anything Goes
- My Craft Creations Challenge – 4/1 – 4/28
- Noor Design Challenge #5 – Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards Challenges #17 – Anything Goes
- One Crazy Stamper – April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Party Time Tuesdays #197 – Anything Goes
- Pinspirational Challenge #138 – Anything Goes
- Scribble & Scrap Challenge 42 – Anything Goes
- Simply Paper Craft Challenge 2 – Anything Goes
- Sister Act – Challenge 101
- Stamp And Create April Challenge – Anything Goes
- Sugar And Betty’s Challenge Blog – Anything Goes or Layers
- The Kraft Journal #220 – Anything Goes – Girlfriends
- The Sisters Of Craft – April Anything Goes Challenge
- Through The Craftroom Door – Week Of April 21 – 27th – Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff #180 – Anything Goes
- Wonderful Wednesday – Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday 180 – Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place – Anything Goes
For More Creative Inspiration
Subscribe To Create With Joy By
E-Mail, RSS, Blog Lovin, Facebook,
Google Plus, Twitter, Pinterest
Copyright © 2015 by Create With Joy. All Rights Reserved.
Please contact us if you see our content on another site.
Thank you for helping stop content theft!
OMG I love your card, it’s stunning. I LOVE square cards – what a gorgeous kitty, love that print. Cx #6
Thanks Claire – I love square cards too and I am so happy I had a chance to make one this week!
I love this photo and print of Legend – I hope you gals will enter the giveaway for a canvas print of your own – SO pleased! 🙂
at a gorgeous card! happy WOYWW Helen 5
Thanks Helen! I love your tags and ATCs!
so super nice ♥
10000 thank you for participating in Card and scraps challenge.
What a lovely card! The combination of colors and patterns is perfect! And Legend, wow! He steals the show! Happy WOYWW!
Thanks Peggy – yes, Legend is a thunder stealer! 🙂
Wow, what a stunning creation and such a striking colour palette, the creamy tones with the black are less stark than white and give a lovely Vintage feel.
Many thank for sharing your lovely card with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.
I always make square cards and am grateful that a local store makes envelopes at a reasonable price for them too. Great colours you used and I love your photo of your kitty this week. #18
Thanks Belinda – I look forward to sharing more square cards in the future!
Love the idea of colouring the edges of the doilies with a little something.
Lots of Scrummy layers to your card. Perfect for our challenge at OLL. Thank you for joining us Wynn DT
Love the textures and layers of the card! After see it one might ask why aren’t there more square cards? WOYWW Diane #28
Thanks Diane! Now that I have some square bases on hand, I look forward to trying my hand at more of these designs in the future!
Your color choice is so elegant and classy! Beautiful design, I love it. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!
A lovely card using to many textures. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine
Love the colors you chose for the card.
Thanks Linda – I have been wanting to create something using these papers for the longest time!
Lovely card Joy, nice colours. Happy WOYWW RobynO#24
Another lovely card for my Patterned Paper April challenge. x
Great job! Love all of the layers and pretty papers. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!
Lovely card, great colour scheme. Have a great woyww, Angela x 30
Thanks Angela – you too!
Lovely card. Thanks for sharing at Simply papercraft.
Very nice card. I love the paper choice and the doily that you added. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT
Beautiful card, wonderful colors, layers and accents. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.
Sue – HIMCR DT
Beautiful card & love the papers, lace & buttons combined with the sentiment! I also got quite a charge out of the cat! My cat would probably have the same reaction of a picture of himself. I’m so glad you could share everything with us for the May Flowers challenge at Dies R Us!
Wasn’t Magellan’s reaction priceless? It was especially priceless when he was staring at Legend’s photo on the wall – I wish I could have caught his expression but by the time I got in place to snap the shot, the moment had passed and he had moved on.http://www.create-with-joy.com/wp-admin/edit-comments.php?comment_status=moderated#comments-form
Very cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT
Your card is beautiful! I’m sure you’ll get used to making square cards in no time.
The photo of the cat is stunning! Is that your cat?
Have a great week,
Yes – that’s Legend! 🙂
Beautiful card! The color combo is wonderful together, so is the different pattern paper. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Very pretty creation! I love the layers and papers and all the accents. Just lovely, wonderful work! Thanks for joining us at Wags N Whiskers this week!
I think this is one of my favorite cards you’ve made (and you have a LOT of cute ones). I really love the use of light kraft paper on this one. It compliments the navy beautifully. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this amazing card in our challenge this week. I appreciate you playing along with us.
Word Art Wednesday
P.S. Since you like playing along at LOTS of challenges (which I just LOVE), I really hope you will consider this one. You can enter it any week you use kraft, light kraft, or anything else sold at the Kraft Outlet. Here is a link to The Kraft Journal Blog where you can enter this week’s challenge:
Thank you so much for your kind words, Karen, and for always sharing new challenges with me!
I really love sharing new challenge sites with my readers so that they have the opportunity to connect with other members of the crafting community and play along too!
Have a wonderful week and be sure to share your lovely creations with us at Inspire Me Monday!
Great card, & I love the flower & design. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT
You have created a beautiful card this week!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Use Your Stuff Challenge Blog!!!
Thank you Julia – had fun using both old and new goodies this week!
Wow this is one very beautiful creation the colours and design look amazing the lace is gorgeous, thank you for joining our challenge at FAB ‘N’ FUNKY this week, hope we see you again.
So lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week 🙂 Gorgeous card!
Beautiful creation!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Monochromatic’ challenge and please come back again soon!
one of the ‘Sistahs’
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Thanks Darlene I will – I love your blog!
Really like your layout and colour combo with nice textures. Perfect for our OLLCB challenge this time.
thanks for sharing.
Lovely card. Thanks for joining us in our Spots & Dots challenge at Digi Choosday
Anjie (Senior DT Team Leader)
thanks for playing with us at addicted to stamps
The square cards is quite stunning. Lively use of fabric too.
Awesome project!! Thanks for joining me for my Throwback Thursday Challenges! I hope you are able to play along again this week!! Aloha, Jen!!!
A gorgeous card. I love the papers and the fabric flower.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x
Beautiful! Love the neutrals as a back ground for the mix of elements here. Thank you so much for sharing with us at A Creative Need this month!
Lovely card! Love all the texture! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!
Super cute card, great image & design!
Glad you could join us for the challenge at Your ScrapBook Place, hope to see you come back soon!
¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ YSBP~DT ~
Hello, A lovely project. A lovely style. Thank you for joining us this fortnightCreative Moments Good luck. We would love to see you again for our next challenge.
Chrissy DT Member
Simply Papercraft ( Blog Owner)
Crafting with An Attitude (Blog Owner)
Be Crafty and Craft (Blog Owner)
Wonderfull card, love those colours and WOW to that big bloom. Thanks for joining in over at myshericrafts this week.
Lovely card .Thanks for playing with us at TSM
Oh my goodness, this is a beautiful creation. Love all the textures and layers. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood’s “Monochromatic” challenge.
lovely card. 🙂
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge. I hope to see you again in our new challenge!
This is stunning, beautiful project. Thanks for sharing in open minded crafting fun challenge, hugs!
Such an eye catching card, love the fabric flower, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx
Your card is lovely – all those textures are amazing! Thanks for playing Bingo this week with us at Bugaboo Stamps. I am holding thumbs tat your card comes up a winner in the draw. Please join us again soon.
This is one beautiful card! I love the layering work and the tag 🙂